General Board Member Duties
- Identifying the needs of the community
- Establishing the Agency Mission Statement including long- and short-range goals of the Agency and evaluating progress in meeting them
- Formulating strategic plans for Community Action, Inc.
- Approving overall plans and priorities
- Determining major personnel, fiscal and program policies
- Hiring and firing of the Executive Director
- Overseeing the extent and quality of the participation of the poor in the programs of Community Action, Inc.
It is in the best interest of CAI and the low-income constituents served by the organization to have a highly effective, fully engaged, tripartite Board of Directors. The tripartite structure is a mandate of federal regulation and Wisconsin State Statutes. It requires that one-third of the CAI board of directors be local elected officials or their representatives, one-third consumers and one-third private representatives.