Community Action programs encourage young people to make informed and responsible choices. This spring we are partnering with Beloit College, the School District of Beloit and Beloit International Film Festival to host a walk called “Kick Off Prom, One Step at a Time”.
The FREE one-mile walk on Saturday, April 25 will begin and end at the Hendricks Center for the Arts in downtown Beloit. The event is open to the public, and we are also encouraging our program participants to join the walk, and collect pledges to help support our community outreach efforts. This outreach coaches teens about personal responsibility and motivates them to make decisions they will be proud of years down the road.
Here’s how you can help:
- Gather a group to start raising pledges and ensure the programs educate as many teens as possible. Those raising $50 or more earn walk t-shirts.
- Sign up for a vendor table at the event to share your message with those in attendance. We’re anticipating 100 people will attend.
- Support the event with a sponsorship and align your organization with a healthier future for Rock County teens.
Tentative schedule for April 25:
- 8:00am vendor set-up
- 9:00am walk registration, breakfast available
- 10:00am walk begins
- 11:00am prize drawings, fundraising awards, participants visit partner organizations’ tables (those who visit all tables entered in a drawing), light lunch available, free of charge.
- 11:30am panel of student guest speakers, videos encouraging teens to make informed decisions.
For more information, contact Beth Tallon, Public Relations Manager at email@example.com.
Action Community Action is a 100% local, not-for-profit organization, operating a broad spectrum of community programs aimed at preventing and reducing local poverty in Rock and Walworth counties. It operates the Fresh Start program, offers child care, at-risk youth programming, teen parent support, women’s health care, senior benefits counseling, homeownership programs, affordable housing units, home weatherization and rehab, assistance in dealing with a housing crisis, food for area pantries, and shelter for the homeless.